Wednesday 20 February 2008

Keeping it real!

After my unlucky end to my sports betting, i decided to take a break and just enjoy not gambling for a while! Not like i really play with big money or anything - my target has alway sbeen to start with a low amount and build it up, slowly, but surely.

So, i depositted £5 and after a couple days of poker, am now on £24! Not sure how i did it. I just played slowly and took my time with the hands, analysed the players on the table and got into a groove. I weren't afraid to fold good hands, like, on a board of x67, turn 5....i had pkt 5s, but the one player moved all in so fast that it seemed pretty obvious, so i folded that one. He didn't show a straight, but i was pretty sure.

I also folded my least favorite hand 1010 - i never really know how to play this hand, when i play it fast, i get beat, and when i play it slow, i get beat. Any suggestions?

So, life is good, and its jus low stakes poker and no sports betting! Maybe soon though, we'l see - definitely won't be betting on liverpool! lol

No comments: