Thursday 26 July 2007

An eventful day on fulltilt

It’s been a crazy day today on full tilt. I’ve been playing the best poker of my life recently and I feel I can do no wrong. I opened and ended the day on real exciting hands. I sat at a 3 handed 0.05/0.10 pot limit hold em table with $6 to start with. My strategy was to play tight and see a lot of cheap flops. First hand I pick up KK…I raised only 2x in bb, UTG calls, sb doubles my bet. I call, UTG folds. Flop is 6K10 rainbow. I take my time, and check it to him. He quickly bets half the pot, I re-raise, he pushes…..he turns over AK…I take down the $11 pot.

Not a bad start, but I stick to my guns and continue to play tight…I eventually find myself in a heads up situation and pick up J8 off-suit. We both check and we see the a flop J7J two hearts. He checks, I decide to play it fast and quickly bet, he quickly calls. Turn is another heart, he checks, I check. River is an 8 -- he bets 3x bb - I re-raise huge. He moves all in. He turns over the nut flush and sees the bad news. Another player crushed by Hellboy.

I decide to take a break and chill down for a bit. After a relaxing a few hours I hit the 0.05/0.10 table again. It’s 4 handed pot limit and I’m being crushed, I start with $7 and jus see my stack wearing away slowly and what seems like surely. I made a few bad calls with middle pair and found myself playing hands and pots I know I shouldn’t be involved in. I’m down to about $3.30 but was almost broke at one point. At 3.30 I pick up the two snowmen 88 in the sb. It gets raised to me and I flat call, bb re-raises, original raiser re-raises, I call, bb pushes, original raiser calls, I call. And it’s 3 way all in action. I was on tilt and wouldn’t normally make this wild call, but these guys were raising every pot, so I didn’t take them very seriously. Anyways, back to the hand…..I had 88 and was up against 44 and JJ. I was surely going to lose….

Flop is 656 - I figure it’s not a bad flop as I have some outs, but it looks grim. Turn is a 7. Wow…could the sickest thing happen..no, surely not?? River …………….an 8 -- I win the main pot with a house, $9.90 or so. 44 wins side pot or whatever with a straight. Sick beat for the Jacks, but he played like a maniac, and though I thought he was going to take all my money, it was always in the back of my mind that I’ll pick up a good pair and show him the goods. It worked out great.

3 comments:

portdeco20 said...

good to see youv'e started mate but one thing, that 88 vs 44 vs JJ, u won the side pot too, ur full house beats his straight =D, good work, posting ur bankroll at the end of a post is good too, unless you dont want to, feel free to link me up and good luck

Hellboy65 said...

Na, they both had more money than me ;-)

Moz_12 said...

Ayd, ur a sick sick man, better not dish out those horrendous beats to me live haha!